Conversation is the action and effect of speaking one or more people with another or others . The term comes from Latin conversation and is often used as a synonym for dialogue or talk . For example: "The governor had an extensive conversation with the victim's father and promised to find the culprits", "Yesterday I heard a conversation on the train where one woman told another that the president will resign", "Could you wait a minute, please? This is a private conversation. ”.
The conversation involves a communication through some kind of language (oral, gestural, written, etc.). It implies a interaction where two or more people jointly build a text (unlike the monologue).
Specifically, for a conversation to exist, a series of fundamental elements must come into play. Specifically, among them are the following:
• Issuer, which is the transmits information.
• Receiver, which is the one that receives the aforementioned information.
• Message, which is what is transmitted, that is, the aforementioned information.
• Code, which is the language in which the conversation takes place.
• Channel, which would be where the information passes.
• Context, which is the place where the message itself is given.
In addition to all of the above, it is essential to be clear that for a conversation to come to fruition and be fruitful for the parties involved, a number of important requirements must be met:
• Both subjects should listen with interest to the other and, of course, pay mutual attention.
• It is vital not to interrupt the words of the person who is speaking.
• You must always maintain absolute tolerance towards the manifestations and opinions of the other individual involved in the dialogue.
• Occasionally, sketch a smile.
• Avoid sudden changes of topics.
• The person with whom you are having the conversation should not be ignored.
• You have to speak clearly, with a tone of voice neither too loud nor too low, it is essential to be brief and not use an aggressive or threatening tone.
Likewise, we cannot ignore the fact that within any conversation the so-called noises can occur, which are all those elements that interfere and disturb the same. Examples of this are the distractions among the participants, the one that rings the phone ...
The context in which a conversation takes place determines its characteristics. A casual conversation It usually revolves around several topics, without any previous organization. A formal conversation Instead, it requires a certain protocol.
The Cheers They are usually the starting point of a conversation. Then come the questions (interrogative statements), since the conversation is usually carried out with the aim of requiring some type of information . In any case, there are also conversations where the main reason is to transmit some data without any questions involved.
It is known as conversation tone to the intensity or emphasis of the dialogue. An uplifted conversation is one where participants discuss or shout to defend their position. Keep in mind that a conversation can go through different tones before ending.