The process and consequences of prescribe they are known as prescription . The verb prescribe , meanwhile, refers to indicate, decree or dictate something.
Prescription (from Latin praescriptio), however, it is a concept with different uses according to the context. At right , the prescription consists in the formalization of a situation in fact by the passage of time, which produces the acquisition or termination of an obligation .
This means that the right to develop a certain action can be extinguished when a certain amount of weather and the prescription occurs. A criminal case, to cite a possibility, may prescribe if, for different reasons, the judge does not issue the ruling in question within the maximum period established by law.
Within the scope of the medicine , the prescription is the action that a doctor performs when Prescribe the drugs your patient should take as part of the treatment of a disease or a health disorder.
The prescription of medicines is done in a prescription , a document of a legal nature that can only be completed by a medical professional. A pharmacist, in this way, can sell drugs (which include different drugs) only to the person who exhibits a medical prescription, since this is the prescription test performed by the doctor.
It is often said, in this sense, that the doctor's prescription is a instruction addressed to the pharmacist, who acts as a dispenser of what the prescriber indicates. Without the doctor's order, the pharmacist cannot deliver drugs.
At the beginning of 2015, the Spanish Government finally approved what is known as nurse prescription , that is, that the professionals of the Nursing can carry out the prescription of medicines and health products. This is an important change whose background dates back six years before, which speaks of a long struggle to ensure that these essential members of the health system were respected more. In principle, they will not be able to indicate, use or authorize that medications subject to medical prescription be dispensed.
Let's see below some rules Recommended for prescription medication :
* hospital patients can only receive medications that have been expressly prescribed by a doctor;
* All the steps that are necessary to complete the fulfillment of the prescription are under the absolute responsibility of the physician;
* the only means in which the prescription can be made is the model Medical Order Sheet established by the hospital;
* the prescription only has validity written. Even when in emergency situations it is indicated verbally, a written ratification is necessary as soon as it is possible;
* it is important to carry out the prescription with the greatest clarity and simplicity possible, since an erroneous interpretation can lead to complications of varying severity;
* It is mandatory to ratify every Medical Order every 24 hours. If the doctor needs to make a modification, he must clearly state what it is (whether he has added or suspended a medication, changed its dose, for example). Similarly, it is recommended to specify the treatment in a detailed way;
* It is always preferred to use the generic name of a drug rather than a brand.
In addition to clarity, the medical order must include a series of data needed to identify the patient and the medication which has been prescribed: name, surname, age, sex and number of history patient clinic; in case of hospitalization, room and bed number; presence of relevant allergies; generic name of the medication; pharmaceutical form; dose, route and frequency of administration; date and time of the prescription.