The first thing we are going to do is determine the etymological origin of the term poster. In this sense, we have to establish that it is a word that derives from the French word “affiche”, which, in turn, emanates from the Latin word “affictum”, which can be translated as “stuck to” or “fixed” .
Poster it is a term that refers to a poster . It is, therefore, a sheet from paper or from another material in which there are texts or figures that are exhibited for various purposes.
For example: “They hung a poster at the door of the school to inform that tomorrow there will be no classes”, “The poster of the new Tarantino movie is very controversial”, “We have to go out and paste the posters to spread the concert”.
The notion of poster is used in Latin America but not so much in Spain . All printed material that transmits some kind of visual message and serves as an advertisement for the dissemination of a certain information It can be defined as a poster.
A poster, therefore, can be a film that promotes a product , a service or a event . In this case, the posters seek to attract the attention of potential consumers or customers to increase sales: “The company covered the city with posters to promote its new cola drink”, “Have you seen the circus poster? The ticket for today's show is offered with a 50% discount ”, "The poster indicates that, if you hire the service before the end of the month, you will have three bonus months".
In this sense, we must also expose that poster is not only an image but that same term is used to refer to the text that it does is promote a product, an event, a political party, a service ...
This type of text must be stated that it has clear identity signs that differentiate it from other documents:
• The objective is to convince the person who reads it to buy the article, hire the service, attend an appointment or vote for a political group.
• It can be read quickly as it is a short text.
• However, it is very clear and also very concise.
• You must have a slogan that is direct and leaves the necessary mark.
• It will be accompanied by a graphic image that will be in charge of emphasizing and convincing even more.
• It has to be done in simple language to be understood by as many people as possible.
• It is important that you have a clearly hierarchical structure, where the most important thing is at the beginning.
• The poster should be considered with a legible, striking type that attracts attention.
• It must be placed in public places to be seen by a large number of people.
The posters can also be used in politics to spread the proposals of a party or to campaign for a candidate: “The opposition candidate says, from his posters, that he will create three thousand jobs in a year”, "The Blue Party reported that they sabotaged their posters", “They posted a poster asking for support for the socialists at the door of my house”.