The cardiology is the specialization of the medicine focused on the analysis of heart . The cardiologists Therefore, they can make diagnoses and indicate treatments linked to disorders of this organ.
Although the requirements vary according to country , usually the cardiologists are doctors and surgeons which then perform the corresponding specialization. An expert in cardiology should be able to treat patients with any type of heart problem and perform preventive tasks to minimize the occurrence of such diseases.
There are many disorders that can affect the heart. In general, there is talk of heart failure when the heart is not able to pump the blood necessary for the proper functioning of the organism, or that can do so but at the expense of other disorders.
Cardiology, in this context, can diagnose heart failure and indicate treatments according to the characteristics of the patient. He acute myocardial infarction , the angina pectoris , the endocarditis , the ventricular fibrillation and the atrial fibrillation are among the processes who studies and treats cardiology.
In order to establish a diagnosis , the cardiology specialist may indicate various studies, such as a electrocardiogram , a doppler ultrasound , the Holter test (which provides for uninterrupted monitoring of the patient for 24 hours), the vascular table test, the ergometry test (or stress test), the ambulatory control of blood pressure, the tilt test and drug sensitization studies.
The usual treatment procedures include bypass , the angioplasty and the implementation of a stent .
When a person You decide to start a sports activity, it is recommended that you go to a doctor to control your physical condition. In this context, a consultation with a cardiology expert is often suggested to determine if your heart is functioning properly and would be able to withstand the effort.
It is important to note that the field of cardiology is complex, and therefore it is common for cardiologists to choose one of the various subspecializations to focus on their careers; In this context we find areas such as nuclear cardiology, interventional, cardiac electrophysiology, cardiac rehabilitation, ecocardiology, heart rhythm disorders, coronary unit and therapy Cardiological intensive
As mentioned above, we are facing one of the many branches of medicine. Depending on the country, there are several requirements to graduate in cardiology. The degree in medicine is usually required and surgery before carrying out the studies of the specialty, which usually last approximately five years.
Throughout the academic training process, cardiologists aspiring physicians have to approach various aspects that are related to the specialty, among which are the following:
* hospital medicine : covers the Attention to patients who have been admitted to a health center, as well as outpatient or outpatient, for those who go to the clinic but then do not need to remain in the hospital;
* emergency or acute assistance whose treatment cannot be delayed;
* clinical cardiology : these are all the issues that relate to work with patients directly and the possible paths when addressing each particular case;
* care before and after an operation : to minimize surgical risks, it is necessary to carry out a cardiological evaluation before any operation . Similarly, postoperative care is very important for proper recovery;
* preventive cardiology : Study the measures that professionals must take to avoid the appearance of the diseases contemplated within this branch of medicine.