Harmful is a adjective which refers to what you can cause damage or that is negative for something or someone. The concept is associated with damages , which are certain inconveniences that it is possible to experience.
For example: "In my opinion, the words of the team captain were harmful to the club", "The doctor told me not to mix this remedy with alcohol as that would be harmful to my health", "The specialists affirm that the presence of mobile phones or cell phones in the classroom is detrimental to the teaching process".
This concept is often used linked to certain habits that cause damage to the organism . It is often said that the smoke It is harmful to the Health , since this practice causes all kinds of inconveniences in the individual who smokes.
The person who smokes tobacco has a much greater chance of suffering a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD ) or lung cancer compared to an individual who does not smoke. That is why it is said that the habit is detrimental to health and awareness campaigns are developed so that people know about the risks they are subjected to when lighting a cigarette.
Excessive alcohol consumption is another habit that is harmful to the body. Among the most common diseases and disorders caused by alcoholism , are the damages in the pancreas , the cirrhosis and the sexual impotence . Alcoholism is also harmful to the psyche, since it affects the development of disorders of anxiety and of depression .
Habits harmful to the brain
When we ask what habits They are negative for our body, the first two that usually arise are smoking and drinking alcohol excessively. While it is true that both are very harmful, there is a long list of little customs that can harm us to a greater or lesser degree, many of which are harmless in appearance, and that is why it is necessary to show them, along with their potential consequences.
* Skipping breakfast : levels of sugar which we have for the day depend largely on the first meal, breakfast, which is why it is essential for the proper functioning of our brain. Complex sugars nourish the brain and so if we do not provide the necessary food we contribute to its potential degeneration;
* Insufficient sleep : the brain needs to rest, and that is why nothing justifies us sleeping less than the body asks us. When we deprive our body of adequate rest, the death of brain cells is accelerated;
* Oversize problems : when we allow life's obstacles and inconveniences to overwhelm us and give them too much importance, we put our health at risk system circulatory system and the proper functioning of our brain, diminishing our mental faculties;
* Abuse sugar : Although sugar is very important for health, its excessive consumption can be detrimental to the development of our brain, since it threatens to interrupt the absorption of nutrients and proteins;
* Breathe contaminated air : he brain it consumes more oxygen than any other part of our body and that is why it is very important to frequent places where the air is clean. In this context, pollution is harmful because it undermines the efficiency and performance of our brain;
* Sleep with your face covered : It is a harmful habit that many people have, especially in winter. The consequence is an increase in the concentration of carbon dioxide to the detriment of that of oxygen ;
* Overload the brain during an illness : studying or working too much in a state of convalescence or rest can damage the brain, in addition to not offering the desired results.